» Introduction of Carlyn Yamada, Special Advisor of Haiti Assistance NGO (PDF)
WHAT OUR HOPES ARE FOR HAITI?: （ハイチに必要なもの）
- HIV Awareness and Prevention Programs that will make sure that my family and friends will no longer be stolen from me anymore.
- Health Care that will make sure that my family and friends live long and productive lives.
- Soundly constructed buildings that do not crumble and take away my family and friends when violent earthquakes hit.
- Purified drinking water and food that my family and friends will be able to enjoy.
- Education that will make sure that my family and friends will be able to reach their full potentials in life
- I want a reconstructed Haiti. Better than it has ever been before.
- I want the same things that you want and need for your family, friends and country, but I need your help.
- Continued financial support. One month donations will help but we will need help when the media has changed its focus on other issues and the donations have dwindled.
Source: transcript from the voice of a girl from Haiti